Here’s what’s happening this month with the TouchNet Project.
Student Office Cashiering
- Elizabeth Martin with the Bursar’s Office is hosting a weekly cashiering meeting to answer questions, resolve concerns, provide training, and review transition progress.
- Several departments have experienced printer connectivity issues, which the Bursar’s Office is working to resolve.
TouchNet Ready Partners
- TouchNet has more than 250 certified partners to which higher education institutions have access. Partner applications integrate seamlessly with TouchNet to allow this third-party application to take payments.
- Our first TouchNet Ready Partner, Aventri, went live the first week of May. We are also working on setting up other partners, including Handshake, Trace First, and EDC/Aims.
- Visit the new TouchNet Ready Partners webpage for more details and a list of all TouchNet Ready Partners.
Marketplace (uPay and uStore)
- We have put on hold the move of Advance Pay to uPay to avoid impacting the current admissions cycle.
- Facilities launched WSU’s first uStore this week. The store provides online conference registrations.
- Licenses extending the use of Core OneStep went into effect last week.
- The Bursar’s Office is working with the areas who still have active stations to transition them to Student Office Cashiering, Marketplace POS or another TouchNet product based on their needs.
Central Payments replacement
- We hosted a follow-up meeting with Central Payments stakeholders on May 10 to collect feedback on our proposed timeline. We will meet again this month with stakeholders to finalize the timeline.
- The Cougar Card Office’s Marketplace POS will launch as soon as our Cougar Card integration has been implemented. The integration will allow Marketplace POS users to accept Cougar Card as a tender type and directly debit Cougar Card accounts.
- Housing and Dining is scheduled to launch our first uPay site by the end of this week. They will be able to take credit card and ACH payments through uPay.
- We have set up student payment plans in our test instance of TouchNet.
- Testing on payment plans starts this week.
To learn more about the different TouchNet applications, contact us. We’ll set up time for the project leads to discuss with you and your team which applications best fit your business needs.